We All Have No Idea What We Are Doing!
Do you ever feel a little overwhelmed by life and worry that you have no idea what you are doing? I’m feeling a little lost in this world of blogging and what I’m doing with my life at the moment. It’s not worrying me too much, but it’s something I thought I'd talk about today.
It could be because I’ve been a bit tired and lacking in motivation lately, but I do occasionally feel a little discouraged with what I’m doing with my life in general. I’ve learnt not to care too much, so I have to remind myself that I’m not alone. No one 100% knows what they are doing most of the time.
I turn 21 tomorrow and I don’t feel like an adult at all! I don’t think anyone does until they hit 30 right? Haha. When we look at the people around us, they seem to have their life together and know what they are doing. But do they really? Do they have a clear idea about what they want to do as a career? Do they know how to balance everything in their life? Are they 100% prepared for a test at university? There are so many things we are all unsure of, but we don’t seem to admit or talk about our doubts, our insecurities or our uncertainties. When I was at university, I always found comfort in knowing there was always others who hadn’t started an assignment that was due next week (or the next day), like me. It was nice to know I wasn’t the only one who didn’t have their s*** together! But in terms of going about our daily lives, is there really a right or wrong way to do things? I don’t think so!
We all want to relate to one another and feel less alone in life so, why don’t we talk about it? Don’t get me wrong, my friends and I often talk about how our lives aren’t perfect and chat about things that we aren’t sure about. However, as young adults, living in today’s world with social media, we can’t help but compare ourselves to others. We are seeing more 20-something year olds looking like they have their lives figured out! Maybe I’m being slightly dramatic here, but I can’t be the only one that feels a little lost at times. If you’re like me and want to feel less alone, here are some things I’m not sure about at the moment, and some things that might make you feel better about yourself!
- I don’t know a lot about this blogging world, I’m just figuring it out as I go.
- I hardly exercise and don’t have the healthiest diet (I'm working on it).
- I definitely don’t have my life figured out - I've deferred my university degree with one and half years to complete.
- I have no idea what I will be doing this time next year (heck, I don’t know what I’ll be doing by next week!).
- I have a messy room with clothes all over the floor.
- I have no idea how to do tax returns (who really does?).
- I live with my parents and probably won’t be moving out any time soon.
- I’m not the most organized person.
However, there are some things I’m sure of, and I know we all don’t have everything figured out. It’s important to remember that all of our lives are different to each other. There is no specific age determining when you should achieve something. You don’t have to be married and have a family by 30. Heck, you don’t even have to get married or have a family if you don’t want to. You don’t have to know what your purpose is in life. You don’t need to follow how everyone else is living life! Create your own!
These are things I’m sure of
- I’m doing something meaningful on here, that is helping others.
- I have a loving family and friends who are always there to support me.
- I am intelligent and always eager to learn.
- I know how to make banging scrambled eggs!
- Things will naturally unfold, not all things are in our control.
- Everything we need is already within us – love, happiness, motivation.
- I’m in control of how I feel and react to things everyday.
- The sun will always rise and set.
Take comfort knowing that there is no single path in this thing we call life! There is no right or wrong way to do things! You don’t have to have your life ‘sorted out’! You don’t have to feel certain about everything you do. When you face new challenges in life, or feel a little overwhelmed, take this advice from Marie Forleo - ‘everything is figureoutable’. Be brave and be confident in yourself when you go about your daily life. No one really knows what they are doing most of the time, and that’s ok. We’re all in this together (I bet you sang that High School Musical style!).
In terms of my uncertainty with this blog, I want to write quality content. I might not post every single week from now, but that means I'm spending more time on writing content that I know is great!
(To leave a comment, once you press post comment, just enter your name when it asks you to login, and press comment as guest.)